Terms and conditions
Welcome to the Walter Cox Ltd website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us by email, or call us on 0191 2656327.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
- We/us – means Walter Cox Ltd, registered office 562 Welbeck Road, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 3BX. Registered in England. Company registration number 508762 . VAT number 675572987 GB.
- Website – means the website located at www.waltercox.co.uk
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this Website.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Data which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Data by updating these details on your online account.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
Privacy and cookies
We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server, and we will fully comply with all applicable privacy regulations and consumer legislation.
If you'd like to read more on how and where we collect or how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
CONTRACT CREATION AND ELECTRONIC CONTRACTING
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We may send you an order acknowledgement email as soon as you place your order, and you will receive an order confirmation email detailing the Products you have ordered. These emails do not constitute acceptance of your order
- For items being delivered to you (as opposed to collect from store), when your product is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in our Returns and Complaints
- For most products sent directly from our store, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is placed.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to limit the number of a given item that can be bought by an individual customer should we deem it appropriate. We also reserve the right to suspend your account and any associated accounts and contact you if we notice an unusual pattern of returns activity or there is other suspicious activity associated with your account or any associated accounts. In the event that this happens you will receive an email to notify you of this
- Should we have taken payment prior to non-acceptance of your Order then we will refund you, but please note that it can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you
The contract will be concluded in English.
CONSUMER CONTRACTS REGULATIONS 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email or call 0191 2656327
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
Walter Cox Ltd cannot be held responsible for any items that do not fit in the intended space or through any access point to the intended space. It is the customers responsibility to check all measurements prior to placing an order. If you wish to cancel the contract because the
item does not fit where intended due to access or space, you will incur a 25% charge. Any delivery charges are non refundable.
Any assembly/installation charge will be fully refunded where assembly/installation is not possible.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
GUARANTEES FOR LARGE DOMESTIC APPLIANCES AND CONSUMER ELECTRONICS PRODUCTS
We always honour the manufacturer's guarantee period where offered; these are usually one year unless otherwise stated.
WHAT DOES THE GUARANTEE COVER?
The manufacturer's guarantees provide full cover against mechanical breakdown through normal use. This means that if your item develops a fault during the guarantee period, the manufacturer will arrange for it to be repaired free of charge, including all parts and labour. Your guarantee is non transferable with ownership, so if you give or sell the item to someone during the guarantee period, it is not covered.
Large domestic appliances include the following ranges of products: washing machines, tumble dryers, washer dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, fridge freezers and cookers
HOW DOES IT WORK?
During the guarantee period, if your product develops a fault that needs to be repaired, look for visible signs of the breakdown and consult the fault-finding guide in the manufacturer's handbook, if any.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact the manufacturer. You'll need to provide them with details of your item, including the model number, serial number and date of purchase. You'll find all of this information on our original receipt – this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe.
If the manufacturer can't repair your item, they will replace it with an item of equivalent specification.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
There are some specific exclusions from our guarantees, as follows:
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage)
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy
- Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that's left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo
- Pixel spots. These are tiny dark or bright spots that may become visible on a screen
- Digital television picture affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor quality or low strength broadcast signal
- Consumables such as batteries, bulbs, fuses, light bulbs etc
- If the product has been used commercially or for business purposes
- Cosmetic damage such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected
- Unblocking drainage channels in refrigeration equipment
- Frozen food loss as a result of the product breaking down
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product
Disposal of electrical products and WEEE regulations
Recycling your old electricals is easy!
Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the Recycle More website and type in your postcode.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We’re proud to support your local authority in providing local recycling facilities for electrical equipment.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
How are we helping?
In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities. This is achieved through membership of the national Distributor Take-back scheme (DTS).
To find more information on WEEE recycling and to locate your nearest recycling centre please visit the Recycle More website.
PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS
10% off mattresses promotion expires on 22/04/2023. To qualify for 10% off mattresses discount code MATTRESS10 must be entered at checkout. This promotion excludes express delivery mattresses and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. 10% discount applies to online orders only.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.